At Peachtree ENT Center we provide a full range of diagnostic care and state of the art hearing aids for all ages. Our Audiology department is dedicated to providing excellent patient care. When needed our board certified ENT Physician is available to diagnose and treat any medical condition related to the ears, thus providing the patient with the best in hearing health services.
Our extensive Audiological Services include:
- Comprehensive hearing testing for all ages
- Specialty diagnostic testing including Otoacoustic Emissions Testing (OAE)
- Hearing Aid Evaluations
- Dispensing of conventional and digital hearing aids with a trial period as well as any adjustments and follow-up services.
- Hearing Aid repairs, supplies, and a battery club
- Complete Line of Assistive Listening Devices (ALD)
- Hearing Protection
- Swimmers Earplugs
- Custom Musician Earplugs
- Custom earpieces for cell phones and other audio equipment
- individual and group speech reading classes
- providing community outreach through health fair participation
- FINANCING AVAILABLE
Technological advances have revolutionized the hearing aid. Now having hearing loss no longer means wearing a big, bulky hearing aid with feedback and limited usefulness. The different types of hearing aids are myriad. There are digital completely in the canal (CIC), in the canal (ITC), in the ear (ITE) and behind the ear (BTE) models. Although they each look different they all have the advantage of both reducing hearing effort and maximizing speech understanding in noisy environments.
New developments include:
- The ability to detect and classify listening situations automatically whether in a crowded situation, on the telephone or in an intimate environment like a restaurant.
- The ability to automatically adjust to various environments by digital processing
- Improved speech understanding with directional microphones that detect the source of a background noise and reduce it preferentially
- Feedback elimination
Take the Self Quiz Below to see if you would benefit from a Hearing Evaluation:
DO YOU HAVE SIGNS OF HEARING LOSS?
- Do you have difficulty hearing on the telephone?
- Do you have trouble following a conversation when two or more people are talking at the same time?
- Do others complain that you turn the TV volume too high?
- Do you have to strain to understand conversation?
- Do you miss hearing some common sounds like the phone or doorbell?
- Do you have trouble hearing conversations in a noisy environment such as a restaurant or party?
- Do you get confused as to where sounds are coming from?
- Do you misunderstand some words in a sentence and need to ask people to repeatthemselves?
- Do you have trouble understanding the speech of women and children as compared to men?
- Have you worked in noisy environments?
- Do people you talk with seem to mumble?
- Do you misunderstand what others are saying and make inappropriate responses?
- Do you avoid social activities because you cannot hear well?
- Do your friends or family think you are having difficulty hearing?
- Do people get annoyed with you because you misunderstand what they say
- Does a hearing problem cause you to feel embarrassed when you meet new people?
- Can you hear the person you are riding with in the car without difficulty?
If you answered yes to more than 1 of the above questions, then it is time to have a complete hearing evaluation. If you have questions or concerns about your hearing, please feel free to contact the Audiology department at Peachtree ENT Center at (404) 591-9100